This list will highlight how much easier the day is, avoiding troubling your friends help moving you, and how you can be relaxing and comfortable in your new home at the end of the day.
Is it worth hiring movers? Does it really matter? Well, we’ll let you decide for yourself but check out these top three differences between hiring movers and doing it yourself. We hope this article makes your decision easy!
Doing it all yourself versus hiring professional movers.
We believe in you and know that you can do anything that you put your mind to, but it’s also important to know when to call in the professionals. If you move yourself, you have to take on a huge list of tasks before, during, and after your move.
- Organizing a moving truck – hoping it’s the right size
- Sourcing all your moving boxes
- Organizing your packing schedule
- Packing all of your precious belongings – hoping they won’t break
- Picking up your moving truck on the day – when you’re already super busy trying to do it all
- Convincing your friends to come and help for the price of a beer and slice of pizza
- Hoping and praying that your friends don’t break your stuff as they half-heartedly help you
- Driving that huge truck to your new home – without any training you’re white-knuckling the steering wheel
- Trying to find somewhere to park this monstrosity of a truck and hope that you’re actually allowed to park in the loading zone
- Now you and your slightly resentful friends have to unload all of your belongings out of the truck – hoping that your furniture fits in this new elevator
- Trying to make sure the right boxes go in the right rooms but not wanting to boss your friends around because they’ve already done so much work for you
- You finally get it all unloaded and have to do the furniture shuffle because the bed is in the basement and the kitchen table is in the garage.
- Now you have to drive the moving truck all the way back to where you rented it – don’t forget to fill up the gas tank – and hope that there wasn’t any damage done to the truck and you get your deposit back
- Then FINALLY drive home and start to put your bed together because you are exhausted.
Let the professionals take care of everything and you just let us know where you want your items.
Asking your friends to help versus hiring professional movers.
Your friends probably would love to help you move, but they’re all too busy and too tired.
We LOVE moving people into their new homes because that is what we do for a living.
This requires no further comparison.
Doing all the hard work versus hiring professional movers.
You could be sitting on a patio sipping a cocktail while we do all the work.
Again, no further comparison is needed.
We’re going to assume that you’re convinced by now. Call us and let us take care of your next move!